From £127 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up is available for centrally located Izmir hotels. For the city center hotels: Guest should call the local supplier to get their exact pick-up time. Pick-up times will also be sent by fax or e-mail to the hotels one day before tour departure date. Please advise hotel name and address.
- Discover the breathtaking beauty of Pamukkale in this full-day tour from Izmir
- Walk through the white travertines and enjoy beautiful views of the landscape
- Find out whether the waters of Pamukkale really are healing
- Explore the ancient ruins of Hierapolis
- Sit in the 12,000 seat amphitheater
- See the largest ancient graveyard in Anatolia at the Necropolis
- Enjoy an authentic Turkish lunch
The water of Pamukkale is famous for the benefits it gives to the eyes and skin. It is also said to cure illnesses such as asthma and rheumatism. It is possible to swim in certain areas, so be sure to bring your swimsuit.
Many centuries ago the Romans, aware of the powers of Pamukkale’s water, decided to build a large spa city called Hierapolis nearby.
We will visit Hierapolis after lunch, which will be provided. Hierapolis means Holy City in Turkish and despite not having been lived in for several centuries it remains a fascinating place to visit.
Hierapolis has a well preserved 12,000 seat amphitheater and the massive Necropolis which is the largest ancient graveyard in Anatolia. You will also see the Temple of Apollo and the shrine of the nymphs at this beautiful ancient site.
At the end of the day we will drive back to Izmir, where we can drop you off at your hotel or at the airport.
- Hotel Pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- English speaking guide and air-conditioned vehicle
- Personal expenses
The Izmir cruise port. Please be advised that the guide will be holding a “Neon Tours” sign by the custom area at the cruise port. Please advise cruise ship details.
Product ID: 1627