Discover South Australia's top nature tourism destination on a day trip to Kangaroo Island with round-trip travel from Adelaide or Glenelg. See native wildlife, such as koalas, wallabies and kangaroos, and enjoy a delicious lunch in the Australian bush.
What to Expect
Depart Adelaide or Glenelg and enjoy a scenic coach ride towards the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula south of the city. Admire views of the vineyards, coast and rolling hills along the way.
Upon arrival at Cape Jervis, board the SeaLink ferry for the 45-minute crossing to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island, where, a local driver/guide will take you on a tour of South Australia’s premier nature-based tourism destination.
Go to Seal Bay Conservation Park for a beach walk with an experienced guide. Experience the unique sensation of being amongst a colony of rare Australian sea lions. Get up close to the wild creatures as they frolic and laze about. Then, enjoy a delicious 2-course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro, set in a beautiful Australian bush setting. Next, go to the Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary to look at koalas relaxing in the trees.
Spend the afternoon at Flinders Chase National Park, renowned as a sanctuary for native Australian animals such as kangaroos, wallabies, koalas and echidnas. Admire the rugged coastline on walks around Admirals Arch and Remarkable Rocks, where great photo opportunities await. Stroll down the Admirals Arch boardwalk to a rugged cliff face that reveals the spectacular rock arch formation, a safe haven for playful long-nosed fur seals.
Keep a look out for more kangaroos and wallabies on your return to either Kingscote Airport or Penneshaw for your return ferry or flight back to Adelaide.
- Morning pick-up and evening drop off at selected hotels in Adelaide or Glenelg
- Return coach and ferry (or air) travel to Kangaroo Island (depending on option booked)
- Transportation by luxury, air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary by a local driver/guide
- Guided beach walk at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- 2-course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro
- Koala viewing at Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
- Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch at Flinders Chase National Park
- National park entry fees
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• A vegetarian option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required
• This tour does not operate on Christmas Day