Travel in a small coach and enjoy a food & wine journey to South Australia’s premium wine region, the Barossa. Take time to sample some of the Barossa’s finest wines and gourmet food that makes this wine region so special.
What to Expect
Travel through the city of Adelaide northwards to the world renowned Barossa wine region. Enjoy the change of scenery as you make your way into the vineyards of South Australia’s premium wine region.
Your first stop is TeAro Estate, located in the main street of Williamstown in a heritage listed 1850's barn. In the intimate Tasting Room, you will be treated to morning tea sourced from the local bakery and wine tastings while hearing stories from 4 generations of family vignerons.
The next stop is a visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop*, an absolute must whilst visiting the Barossa. Maggie Beer - cook, writer and founder of 'Maggie Beer Products', offers tastings and sales of her full product range including limited edition seasonal produce. Here you can browse amongst her personally selected regional specialty goods, purchase one of her signed books or simply sit back and take in the view.
On arrival at Lambert Estate at Angaston, you will enjoy a structured wine tasting whilst sampling local seasonal produce from gourmet platters. Main course follows, and is a feast for the senses, with two signature dishes, salad and vegetables. You may wish to purchase a glass of wine from the impressive wine selection, or enjoy a coffee accompanied with their popular Chocolatier (Chocolate Port).
Leaving Lambert Estate, travel to Mengler Hill Lookout for sweeping views over the valley and then onto your final stop for the day will be Pindarie, a multi-tourism award winning cellar door, which feels more like an Australian Homestead than a cellar door. The friendly staff don’t just pour the wine; they share the stories behind the wines and Pindarie, a great way to finish off your Barossa Food & Wine Experience.
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide CBD hotels
- Live commentary by local Driver/Guide
- Transport in luxury, air-conditioned coach
- Morning tea and structured wine tasting at TeAro Estate
- Visit to Maggie Beer's Farm Shop
- Gourmet 2 course lunch and structured wine tasting at Lambert Estate
- Wine tastings at Pindarie Cellar Door
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Tour does not operate on Good Friday or Christmas Day
• Maggie Beer's Farm Shop may not be available during peak periods (school holidays) and free time will be spent on the main street of Tanunda
• This tour is not recommended for children