Enjoy a unique whale watching experience off the South Island of New Zealand. Experience an up-close encounter with the world’s largest toothed predator, the giant sperm whale. Look out for other wildlife, including seals, dolphins, and birds.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
The local partner’s office, Whale Watch Kaikōura.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The minimum age is three years old but the minimum age is subject to the sea and weather conditions at the time of check-in
- Please note that the tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. The local partner will confirm your exact tour time by email after booking
- Please note that your tour time might be different from the one you request due to availability
- If you suffer from motion sickness it is recommended to take precautions prior to arriving at the office, motion sickness tablets are available for purchase at the office
- The amount of time on the water is just over 2-hours and it is recommended to allow 3 hours and 15 minutes for the entire experience including check-in, safety briefing, and bus transfers