Go behind the scenes on a special access tour of the Doge’s Palace and discover the secret itinerary of the rulers of the Venetian Empire. See secret archives, offices, torture chambers, and more.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide just outside the entrance of the Correr Museum on Piazza San Marco, 30124. You must arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to tour start time. Directions: On St. Mark's square at the opposite side of the Basilica you will find the Correr Museum entrance underneath the portico. Your guide will be holding a Walks sign. * Due to the religious nature of the Basilica, all individuals regardless of gender must cover their shoulders and knees. A scarf or shawl is acceptable. The activity provider cannot be held responsible for those denied entryOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Long pants
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Sleeveless shirts
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Children under 6 are not allowed inside the secret passages
- The prisons and secret itineraries are not wheelchair-accessible. The route is not suitable for those with walking disabilities or for pregnant women.
- This is a small group tour of 20 people or fewer
- Please note, both men and women must wear clothes that cover at least their shoulders and knees. You may be denied entry if you do not follow the dress code.