Discover the prisons of the Venetian Republic, one of the earliest jails in Europe. Go on a small group tour through cells, tortures room where Casanova was arrested by the Lords of the Nights.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 45 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Italian, French, English
- Optional audio guide
Select participants and date
Meet at Prison Palace, close to San Marco Square. To get to the Prisons Palace, cross the bridge on the right side of the entrance of the Doge's Palace. In Piazza San Marco, with the Doge’s Palace in front of you and the San Marco basin behind you, head right, cross the Bridge, and you'll see the entrance of the Palazzo delle Prigioni on your left.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Please consider that the tour could be bilingual