Use your stopover between flights to explore Abu Dhabi's city and desert on an 18-24 hour program. Arrange an itinerary to suit your needs, and make the most of your time seeing the city’s top sights and head to the desert on a 4x4 safari.
What to Expect
Get away from the airport on your stopover and enjoy a relaxing city and desert tour in Abu Dhabi, organized according to your flight arrival and departure times. Your driver will meet you in the arrivals lounge at the airport.
Opt for a morning or evening desert safari and city tour, with the order of activities arranged according to the time of day of your arrival.
This 18-24 hour program includes a comprehensive Abu Dhabi city tour, taking in the majestic Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (the largest mosque in the world), the Emirates Palace Hotel, one of the city's iconic landmarks, the Abu Dhabi Marina, with its luxury yachts and skyscrapers, Heritage Village, showcasing the traditional way of life of the region (including pottery and weaving), and the date market and Iranian market.
Your stopover tour will also to take you to explore the Al Khatim desert (45 minutes from Abu Dhabi). As you ride in a comfortable 4X4 vehicle, your safari guide will explain the customs and traditions that still hold strong in the region. Enjoy some exhilarating dune bashing and a visit to a camel farm before you relax in a traditional Berber tent to enjoy some Arabic coffee and dates, or soda, tea, or water if you prefer.
Then you’ll be able to choose camel riding on the dunes or sandboarding, or quad-biking (at your own expense). Get a henna tattoo and dress in traditional Arabic costume for a photo. Later, watch a belly dance around a sunset campfire while sipping tea, and then savor a delicious barbecue dinner of hummus, kebabs, and flatbread, with western dishes on the menu as well.
- Visit to Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Visit to Heritage Village
- Desert safari
- Airport pick-up and drop off
- BBQ dinner
- Desert activities (camel riding, henna painting, sandboarding, belly dance, Arabic dress for photographs)
- Visit to a camel farm
What's Not Included
- Quad bike rental (if desired)
- Food and drinks not mentioned
- Alcoholic beverages and souvenirs
Know Before You Go
• During the Friday Heritage Village opens after 3:30 pm
• The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is closed on Friday mornings, and reopens after 4:30 pm for visitors
• The visiting hours during the month of Ramadan are from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm, from Saturday to Thursday (last admission at 1:30 pm). The Mosque does not open it's doors for visitors on Fridays during the holy month of Ramadan